I started writing the following on Wednesday night, as the rain hammered onto the roof. Then, my cousin and her son and daughter arrived for a visit and I had to get up and entertain them.
I want to lie on my bed and turn off the lights. Look at the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling and hear the rain fall. I want to close my eyes,
You can probably see where I was going with that.. I'm sure it would have been a very deep and wonderful post. I'm sad the rain is gone. But it'll be back. This is Melbourne in winter after all.
I've been up to little since I last saw you. School is back again. I'm starting to pay more attention in class, though my homework still isn't getting done. I don't think I've had more than one or two teachers who have wished I wasn't in their class. It's not that I don't make trouble, it's just that I'm usually at least a bit apologetic about it and I like having interesting conversations with teachers who know what they're talking about.
But that wasn't why I'm posting. The indomitable Sir Miffington Quack Quack (very) recently posted about what she/he/it would do on his/her/its last day, inspired by If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback. I thought it a brilliant idea and will now proceed to completely and utterly steal it while claiming it as my own. Or perhaps not. And perhaps I'll do it again when I think of some more things.
If today was my last day(it is 1201 right now) I would:
- travel four hours to E's house and kiss her for another hour.
- eat every single thing on the McDonald's menu because I don't have to feel guilty about it.
- call every person I care about and tell them what they mean to me.
- write a blog post saying thank you and goodbye.
- gouge holes in the wall with an axe, because there is beauty in destruction.
- get into a fight.
- read Crooks, Chooks And Bloody Ratbags again and the two sequels if I have time. Then, all of John Green's books and any Sarah Dessin's I can get my hands on. Then Catch 22. Then maybe some Terry Pratchett.
- Go to a rock/metal concert.
- Turn up to school late and out of uniform and instead of going to classes, walk around with a loudspeaker playing stuff off my iPod.
- kiss every girl I've ever loved.
- get out all my savings from the bank and give it to my friends and family.
- buy every album I've ever wanted.
- try and beat my brother in an arm wrestle
- go to France and pointedly ignore the Louvre.
- Go to America and...run wild.
- Introduce E to my parents.
- make a wish at 11.11
- Go to sleep smiling and crying at the same time.
Was that interesting? It was for me. Try it out if Sir Miffington doesn't get angry at me.