Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clicks

So..
Yesterday, I stayed up until four in the morning, and woke up at 1 15. I went to bed around 12, but because I've majorly screwed up my body clock, I felt no weariness or willingness to sleep. After a while, a few minutes perhaps, I turned of the light and closed my eyes. I have glow in the dark stars on my ceiling and before I closed my eyes, I rolled on my back on my bed and looked up at them. They were visible, but not easily thanks to my crap vision. I kept my eyes closed for what seemed like half an hour, but was probably closer to five, ten minutes. While my eyes were closed, I extended my left arm into the air and then lowered it back, close to my face. Then I did the same with the right, then the left again, over and over. It was like punching the air, but with an open hand rather than a fist. After the first few couple of times, I noticed three tiny clicking sounds coming from my left elbow when I pulled it back. There were no sounds coming from my right arm. When I 'punched' quickly, the three clicks melded to one. I played with this for a while and then finally opened my eyes. The stars were easily seen now, and where my ceiling was dark in between the lights was now a lit by a dim almost blue glow. The only light in my room was coming from the stars and a thin strip of light from my window, between my venetian blinds. By then it was 1255. It took another 30 minutes or so to go to sleep.

No comments: