Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today is a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go

So..
I have 20 followers!!! Is that amazing or what? The music-loving Gabrielle has seen fit to join our motley crew, so (non-alcoholic) drinks all round!
In response to all your comments on my last post: I agree with your comments Lilah. I don't really have any comeback and I don't think one is necessary. And thanks for the compliment. Thanks to Erimentha for your compliments too, though I'm far from the coolest guy :D
s.k.y...people smile in photos because it's expected, because they're meant to and sometimes, because they're happy. I love photos because people never take pictures of me.

So what else is new? Lots of stuff. Most of you are probably having exams soon like me, except you're studying instead of looking on blogger aren't you? I stil have homework, which is very bad, but hey tomorrow is Friday...I'm a good procrastinator dammit.

Alestorm is 'pirate metal' and freaking awesome. listen to the song Keelhauled if you like that kind of thing. which I would say you don't? perhaps Don't Take Your Love Away by Jon Crosby is more your thing.

I'm listening to A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton over and over trying to remember the song lyric I was going to put as the title.

Do you like hugging? Hugging is awesome. I have said before I'm not gay, and I'm not, but I hug all my best mates at least once a day. And they let me because they know how weird I am like that. Of course hugging girls is completely different. I'm not good with the whole platonic-relationship-but-are-best-friends thing...yeah... Hugging is comforting, like just for a second everything is gonna be fine.

Umm.
Don't you love xkcd? mindless, yet intelligent humour.
I actually enjoyed The Hangover a lot, but I've been hearing a lot of negativity about it lately. Oh well.
But it didn't work. 5 times out of 5.
Do you have a happy place? I realised when I read this that I don't. There's no place in my head, real or imaginary that I can retreat to when the world is too much. No room in my house is sacred, no places to go outside. So, for now, I'm going to design the apartment I want to live in when I'm rich and happy. :)

Because sometimes you just couldn't care less. :)
And I think yours do too. But I can't see through the layers of meaning and I bet you don't even try to.
Some lines from Make Me Wanna Die by The Pretty Reckless. Pretty cool stuff.
Nothing new there. Just a new you.
I hope I am a friend like this. And I hope I get one.
Because it wasn't immediately obvious.
I think this is very clever. And true. And sad.
because no matter how fucked up things are, there is always cake.

I'm so so so so tired. Mentally and physically. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Erimentha said...

hey jokerman,
hahahahahahaha....loved this post with all my might! i totally agree with this one: you cannot imagine that intensity of the fuck i do not give. ;) ;) too true.

congrats on the 20 followers, you rock!
have a good friday, and enjoy your weekend (fuck yeah~!)
xoxo
erimentha

Skylar said...

i got exams nxt wk too...id say not study and leave it up to fate, if you believe in it. thts my excuse anyways. have a gd wkend