Monday, February 21, 2011

In fields where nothing grew but weeds, I found a flower at my feet.

So..
I'm in a good mood, so I'll write this quickly and go to bed :S. It looks like posts are going to be few and far between, for this term at least.

I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire over the weekend. It really is a terrible terrible movie. I love the Harry Potter books, but as I've probably mentioned already, I hate the movies. It disappoints me that J.K. Rowling had final say on the scripts and still let those "films" go ahead. I'm sure there are many HP fans among my lovely followers, so I won't torture you with going on and on about it. If you do want to hear my reasons for hating the films, feel free to ask.

In an attempt to re-instate the HP books in their position of glory within my head, I'm reading the Order of the Pheonix again. I wanted to read Deathly Hallows but I can't find my copy it :(
The Order of the Pheonix is one of my favourite books in the series simply because of Dumbledore's Army and Grimmauld Place. Secret groups and big scary mansions are some of my favourite literature/film tropes.

I went to a bitchin party on Fridey (pronounced fry-dee) to commemorate Dandalily's birthday. Fun party, to say the least. Saturday we lost basketball (we had five players once again and were missing our best player - also I was disgusted at my performance) and apart from that my weekend was uneventful.

School is in the full swing of things now and homework's piling up (yes I'm avoiding it). I've resolved to get it done soon though and stay up to date. My biggest worries are Maths because I've never been good at it, Lit because my teacher is terrible and IT because..well we spend every period in front of computers, how well do you think I'm going to concentrate?

Also inspired by Harry Potter I went through We Heart It looking for HP pics. These are the best 18 or so of the 200+ pages I looked at. Plus some HP vs Twilight ones and two completely random ones.




















I thought I'd finish by directing you to the song The Good Left Undone by Rise Against. It's a very poetic song and I highly recommend it for a few minutes of distraction.

2 comments:

Magda^_^ said...

HAHAHAHA! Top pictures:DD
Have a nice Monday(if possible)
kisses
xxx

matchakorky said...

Hilarious photos where you from